Nimera makes software for all segments of the drone industry: for the UAVs themselves, for the communication and for the ground station. With Sky Probe, Nimera deploys drones as flying platforms for remote sensing. Among other things, this setup is capable of monitoring air quality and detect hazardous substances. To realize this, Nimera puts its extensive experience in machine-to-machine communications to work. Sky Probe is an end-to-end solution: from collecting sensor data, storing it in the cloud and finally presenting the data on a customized interface. Sensors and other hardware are provided by select partners. It is also possible to extend the system by fixed sensor stations, Nimera’s Earth Probe.
SkyProbe is a new concept and still in full development. Nimera participates in the VLAIO supported and IMEC managed SafeDroneWare project which researches and realizes the foundation for SkyProbe. More information about SafeDroneWare can be found here.
Some of the features of Sky Probe are:
- – A unique use of UAVs within the realm of ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems)
- – A flexible solution for data gathering as well as data visualization
- – Uses UAVs to improve mobility and make the transportation of people and goods safer
- – Combines existing UAV technology with Machine-to-Machine communication systems for real-time data feed to back-end
- – Provides a more time and cost efficient data gathering than existing alternatives, such as helicopters and human inspection
Some of the use cases foreseen are:
- – Traffic monitoring and management
- – Environment data probes
- – Smog detection
- – Detection of dangerous goods leaks after an accident or during transportation
- – Road building and road structure verification
- – Road mapping
- – Law enforcement and Search & Rescue
- – Assistance to emergency and rescue teams
- – Infotainment – add interesting video/data to morning shows on TV and radio
For further information on this product, please contact Erwin Vermassen.